Starkey Hearing Technologies is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of custom hearing instruments with 33 facilities in 18 countries throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Asia and Australia. In 2014, Starkey was among the first to introduce wireless Made-for-iPhone hearing aids with its Halo hearing aid family.
Starkey got its start in 1967 when William Austin founded Professional Hearing Aid Service, and subsequently acquired Starkey Laboratories, a small ear-mold company, in 1971. Austin merged the two businesses under the Starkey name, and eventually began making custom in-the-ear hearing aids with a then-revolutionary no-obligation trial and “worry-free” warranty.
William Austin is also one of the world’s leading philanthropists. In 1973, he started the Starkey Hearing Foundation, which has distributed tens of thousands of free hearing aids to needy children and adults in dozens of countries around the world.
Recent Posts About Starkey Hearing:
- Starkey Z Series Hearing Aids Improve Wireless Communication
- Starkey Jumps Into Made-For-iPhone Hearing Aids Fray
- Starkey Hearing Foundation Gets Its Newest Volunteer: Former President George W. Bush
- New Starkey 3 Series Family Packs More Punch Into Its Smallest-Ever Custom Wireless Hearing Aids
- Newly Renamed Starkey Hearing Technologies Plans To Keep Putting New Wine In New Bottles
- On The Starkey Labs Drawing Boards: New Xperia Brand Of “Instant-Fit Custom” Hearing Aids Will Integrate Wireless Feature Set
- Starkey Laboratories Research Shows ‘Invisibility’ Is One Of Top Five Factors In Consumers’ Hearing Aid Choice
- Richard Branson Gets Hands-On With Hearing Aids On Starkey Hearing Foundation Mission To South Africa